August 18, 2011

Into the breach

Im here to tell you how it is in MY life out here. No bullshit. All that hollywood hyped action you're used to is nothing compared to our real life encounters with these enemies of freedom. Being a combat engineer in this war isnt easy but just like every other job we have our TASK and PURPOSES. Our task is to find and destroy any and all IED's (Improvised Explosive Device) that the Taliban place in the roads we patrol. Our purpose would be of course to eliminate any enemies of freedom and/or their IED's. Sounds easy right? If so, you arent paying attention much.


RCP (Route Clearance Package) 46 is my unit and if you cared to see my picture above those are my brothers. We've been through a lot together and most of the things we've seen isnt for the weak hearted. Ive carried young infantry men that died on litters onto choppers awaiting to take them home to their familes. Ive seen my closest friend die by an IED in a low water crossing during an operation that made no sense to me. And for what? For a war that has no meaning to any of us personally? Ask yourself what we ask ourselves everyday. What's our governments TASK and PURPOSE out here really? Its never a soldiers place to question his leadership and I wont, but I often wonder sometimes why we make ultimate sacrafices for people that dont give a shit about us.


Im about 10 months into this deployment but 14 months counting all of our training and there's only one thing that has mattered since day one... coming home. Ive been on over 100 mission and we start every one of them with a prayer. Only God himself can protect us from the dangers out here and its Him I thank and love the most for getting us as far as we've gotten. I only have about a month and a half left and ill be home where I belong. Until next time followers. Much love and God bless.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful bro just beautiful, always praying for you and your krew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job Sapa, THANK YOU for Serving our country !I like ur Blog

    ReplyDelete